- Find your Malta holiday
BOOKING A HOLIDAY FAQ
How safe are my arrangements with Malta Direct?
Malta Direct wants to ensure total peace of mind when booking a package holiday, accommodation or flight only. We have therefore put in place various safeguards through ATOL and our Fair Trading Bond to ensure that all of your monies are held secure. Plus, we are a member of ABTA, membership number Y6613. We are obliged to maintain a high standard of service to you by ABTA’s Code of Conduct. For full details please click here
What’s included in my holiday package include?
• Return flights from the UK to your overseas airport with refreshments and meals where applicable and checked-in luggage. Ryanair: IMPORTANT: Please note that luggage is not included in the initial cost. If you would like hold bags to be included in your quote, you must add 'Luggage' to your basket, during the booking process.
• Accommodation and meals as confirmed on your invoice
• Return transfers (for package holiday clients) from Malta airport to your accommodation, except where car hire is collected/delivered
• Representative services whilst in resort for package holiday clients. 24-hour telephone service for accommodation/ flight-only clients
• Malta Direct Bonus: FREE visitor entrance to selected attractions, for package holidays to Malta, Gozo and Comino
• Compulsory airport taxes and security charges
ADDITIONAL FOR APARTMENT, VILLAS AND FARMHOUSE GUESTS
• Grocery starter pack, at selected self-catering properties, gas and/or electricity supply
• Maid service where available
What’s not included in my holiday package?
The following are extra:
• Accommodation and flight supplements, where applicable
• Charges for facilities such as fitness rooms, discos, sun lounges
• Any local charges for infant meals, cots and other services
• Excursions in your resort
• Tips and items of a personal nature
When will my reservation be confirmed?
We will send a confirmation invoice to the party leader / travel agent within 48 hours after your reservation has been made. Once received please check all details on the invoice and notify us immediately if any information appears to be incorrect or incomplete, within 24 hours of receipt. Failure to do so may incur a further cost to you if we attempt to rectify any errors after this period.
How much deposit must I pay?
You must pay a minimum deposit of £69 per person. The deposit payable may vary according to destination and product. You will be advised of the deposit before your booking is confirmed. Please note that if your booking includes a flight, the price of the flight may be payable in full at the time of booking depending on class of fare booked and/or airline booked. If you are making a booking within 8 weeks of departure date you will need to pay the full amount at the time of booking.
For flight only bookings we require full payment at the time of booking.
How do I make a change to my travel arrangements?
If you need to make any changes the person who made the booking / travel agent must notify us in writing via email (email@example.com) or post, as soon as possible. We will do our utmost to make these changes but we cannot guarantee this. Certain travel arrangements (e.g. low cost flights) cannot be changed after a reservation has been made and any alteration request may incur a 100% cancellation charge. Amendment fees will apply, your travel executive will provide full details. Please note: if you do not receive acknowledgement of your requested change within 24 hours of submission, you must contact us by phone or re-submit your request – it is essential that you receive an acknowledgement from us, otherwise your change will not be guaranteed.
When must I pay my balance?
The date on which the balance of the holiday price is due will vary according to your chosen holiday. The date will be confirmed by your travel executive or via our website, however in all circumstances this will be no earlier than 10 weeks before your departure date.
I have had two confirmations of my booking, the information is the same but the booking references are different, what has happened?
Unfortunately you have clicked on the “pay and confirm” button twice, resulting in 2 bookings being made. We will contact you by close of business next working day to discuss the options. Please note however that due to banking issues, it may take up to five weeks for your money to be refunded to you.
When can I expect to receive my travel documents?
All travel documents will be sent to you approximately 21 days before your travel date. If your booking is made within 21 days of your travel documentation will be sent immediately. Your travel documents will be sent via email; however we will post documentation via first class, if there is a need to do so. If you are flying with Ryanair and you have not pre-booked your seats the tickets will be sent to you 2 days before departure in line with their online check in procedure.
Can I book accommodation-only?
We are pleased to be able to offer virtually all of our hotels, apartments and farmhouses on a room / accommodation-only basis. The simplest way is to use our Search and Book facility and select Accommodation-only from the top menu. If, however, your chosen accommodation is not displayed this might be for a number of reasons, and we would suggest that you either contact us or email us on the details provided in the top of this webpage.
Am I eligible for the Returning Client Bonus?
These offers are outlined in the Special Offers section of each applicable hotel and are offered to clients who have stayed at the same property every year since 2008 (unless it is written to the contrary in the Special Offers section). Proof of previous travel must be provided at the time of booking, quoting a previous Malta Direct Holidays booking reference.